Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sands Of Time

Picture?type=squarebyLyn Carr

Oh will it be through de'ja vu in that I'd will to remember you?
How could you know how soon I would go
to drift among the sands of time;
Only to leave the shadows of the memories of you behind...,
In the back of my mind. Oh but only if I'd remained
maybe things would not have stayed the same.
For time has made us hard and indifferent
leaving each strained and alone;
only to say in our hearts what's past should be gone,
in love's we yearn..., in the lessons we learn.
Oh through the essence of dreams how you may creep upon night's hour.
Strange how the minds eye sees things as they are
and not what they should be; when I think I want to return
to the times we shared in wishful bliss...,
I realize it's only the memory I miss.
Oh the memory I chose that was not in you
and the truth was not there. I only knew and saw
what I wanted you to be which was not at all the reality.
I will still look for a dream through the sands of time...,
and find a love in the end that's mine.
Copyright Ó 2010 Wanda Lyn Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment