Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother of Mine

Picture?type=squarebyLyn Carr

I was still young the day you left.
I remember the things you told me.
I know the pain you had to suffer;
It’s why you couldn’t hold me.
You said one day we’d have a home
But you weren’t able to give it.
I knew that you were going away
And I didn’t want to believe it.
Even though we were far apart
And I never really knew you;
I held you always in my heart
And that seemed to carry me through.
I wasn’t prepared to know the loss
That I felt when you were gone.
Like an empty hole that’s never filled;
I became more lost and alone.
You were my world and I didn’t know it
And I needed you more than ever.
Funny how life can be taken for granted
Until it seems gone forever.
You never were what they said of you;
You couldn’t help that you were ill.
I understood and I always knew
And will forever love you still.
Copyright Ó 2012 Wanda Lyn Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment