Sunday, April 22, 2012

False Hope

Picture?type=squarebyLyn Carr


A false hope is just what I have to know-an
emptiness is laid out and bare. The gifts you
bring are but tiny fragments, like dandelions
drifting everywhere. Just take this flame
from off this candle-the only light left in
the room; diminish its fire and disguise the
shame of faith in a love forever doomed. In
the back of my mind, I wish for a time as I
sit in the darkness so quiet-that I could
take back my soul, by making it whole-and
give it its own will and light. But in this
second when time stands still, this flame you
light and put out at will-makes the weight of
my heart so heavy on me, yet I carry it in
silence because, you see-this burden you've
placed you won't lift, I know. For to ask,
it's too much for you to do so. I'll just
drift like the dandelion petals in the wind
blow... And a false hope is just all I have to know.
Copyright Ó 2003 Wanda Lyn Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment