Sunday, April 22, 2012

Evanescence (the flight)

Picture?type=squarebyLyn Carr

Flood of memories come again; take me back to
the river's end. Where on a bright and sunny
day, nothing harmful came my way. Upon these
banks and on this shore, I'd wish to stay
here evermore. It's here I played as a little
girl; by the trickling waters I'd dance and
twirl. Let tomorrow be unheard of, because
my heart was full of love. For all of beauty
was everywhere; I'd soak it in with none to
spare. All the birds would sing to me, when
I stood nearby the great oak tree. I'd pick
flowers all day long; skipping to my happy
song. So take me back and let me spend
another day at the river's end. Let my heart
just float away... again to a peaceful,
happy day.
Copyright Ó 2003 Wanda Lyn Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment